Thursday, September 11, 2008

Waves and the Both of Us - Charlotte Sometimes



There is not much to say about Charlotte Sometimes. (formally known as Jessie Poland.. Cool name I know..)  This album is neither a hit or miss.  It is a complete flop.  I admit when it first came out I was quite addicted to a few or the songs for a quick moment but that faded quickly and I push this album aside like one would a 6 month old Christmas gift. 

Charlotte has a mediocre voice.  If I had to compare it to anything I would say she sounds like that chick from Paramore...if you were to hold her head in a hot bucket of water.  She does have some range by no control.  It's sort of like a senior citizen by the wheel.  You can't stop someone from making music just like you can't take away licenses from people two steps away from a funeral. 

I may sound mean but in all mean comments there is a bit of honesty.  In this case there is a lot of it.  The lyrics are simple and conventional and typically have hidden meaning or were just fill ins.  If I had to say if there was ONE track to check out..it would be 'Losing Sleep'.   By the way, you're not losing or missing out anything if you pass on this album.

No comments: