Saturday, September 6, 2008

Definitely, Maybe


Okay, so this movie was more confusing than my own  love life which is a travesty in itself.  Ryan Renyolds plays a Manhattan advertiser who has a daughter who I find quite annoying in character and actress, Abigail Breslin. I'm sorry.  I do not find her any more amusing than having my wisdom teeth pulled.  Why did I watch this movie then you ask? I was being lazy and refused to get up to change the television. I really need to stock up on batteries.

So in this movie, Ryan goes between three girls for a 1.5  hour length movie which felt like 1.5 years.  Sure, the man is great to look at but when he is playing a sappy man proposing to women with horse teeth you'd rather watch him in something more amusing and stupid like that movie with Anna Farris,  Just Friends.  The second amusing thing in this movie was the subversive and quirky character April who had her own views and standards in the early 90's in which this movie is set.  The only good thing about the 90's was the music and skip-its.

Should you watch it?  If you're as lazy I am I would spare the torture and run to Walgreens to pick up some batteries so this mishap does not happen to you.  If you love sappy love movies and the discovery or 'true love' then sure you'd probably buy it too. In all honesty I would skip it.  There is nothing original or anything remotely funny in this movie besides the fact the actors can act.  

No comments: